Friday, March 25, 2005

"I Thirst"

Terri Schiavo is in my prayers, but I have a "bad feeling" about this situation.

I find it ironic that one of Jesus' last words were "I thirst", and that is specifically what Terri is dying from (dehydration). It is a particularly gruesome and gruelling ordeal that she is going through right now, and it is highlighted all the more as this is Good Friday. The day that Jesus Christ died on the cross.

Try going one day without a drink and you will only get a small glimpse of what Terri is going through, and what she is going through is only a small portion of a small fragment of what Jesus endured on the cross on our behalf.

I fear that this "incident" is a telling indicator of where our country's focus and direction is turning. We are moving away from God, and as such our country will suffer a great "I thirst". It will not be a thirst for water, however, but a thirst for the word of God.

Amos 8:11-13 Behold, the days come, says the Lord Jehovah, that I will send a famine in the land; not a famine of bread nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the Words of Jehovah. And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east; they shall run to and fro to seek the Word of Jehovah, and shall not find it. In that day the beautiful virgins and the young men shall faint for thirst.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home